At Kapalaea Consultants LLC weʻre easy to work with and always results oriented. In choosing us you will be taking on a professional and effective partner. By strategically setting goals together, we will be sure that your needs are met - every time.
Below are a few of the services we can offer. Give us a call to discuss how Kapalaea Consultants can help you.
- New business formation. Budgeting, budget tracking, compliance with government funding requirements.
- Navigating business and government in Hawaii. Relationship-based business development.
- Creating additional short-term capacity in your business by: managing projects, tracking permitting issues, research, etc.
- Environmental assessments and special use permits.
- Meeting facilitation.
- Employee and executive mentoring.
- Management training.
Businesses run lean. When faced with a need for additional capacity, think of Kapalaea Consultants LLC. We can take on your special projects giving you added capacity without additional full-time staff.
- Nonprofit governance: establishing boards, evaluating their strengths and transitioning them from activist to institutional governance structures.
- Creating private donor fundraising programs and diversifying income sources.
- Federal, State, County, and private foundation grant compliance.
- Grant writing.
- Budgeting and budget tracking.
- Establishing a new nonprofit.
In fundraising everyone has a role to play. Weʻve found that once each individualʻs role is defined, board and staff enthusiasm for fundraising multiplies. We can help make this happen for your organization.
- Navigating government in Hawaii.
- Government relations. Helping you work with elected and civil service government officials in Federal, State, and County governments.
- Procuring and managing government funding for Federal, State and County agencies.
- State and county permitting (drafting, submitting, tracking).
- Engaging elected officials.
We have successfully worked with government at all levels to both influence legislative outcomes and to raise needed funding.
- Conservation easement development and negotiation.
- Interface with environmental scientists.
- Renewable energy permits.
- Environmental assessments and special use permits (draft, coordinate, submit).
- Environmental planning.
- Terrestrial and ocean habitat protection/restoration planning (management plans).
- Interfacing with DLNR, USFWS and other environmental organizations.